MEASUREMENT CANADA - NEW REQUIRED PERIODIC RENEWALS
Since the modification of the Weights and Mesures Act in 2013, periodic scale exams to renew legal for trade certifications are now required in eight business sectors. These exams are part of the framework that sets out the regulations and obligations for proving the conformity of weighing instruments.
Applicable sectors and frequency of periodical exams:
• wholesale trade of fishing products - 1 year
• wholesale trade of dairy products - 2 years
• retail food trade - 5 years
• wholesale trade of grain and field crop products and services - 2 years
• wholesale trade of mining products - 2 years
• retail petroleum trade - 2 years
• downstream petroleum trade - 2 years
• trade of forestry products - 1 year
A Measurement Canada authorized service provider, Papp Scales can perform periodical inspections on behalf of Mesurement Canada providing Legal for Trade certifications and renewals on your commercial weighing equipement.A Measurement Canada authorized service provider, Papp Scales can perform periodical inspections on behalf of Mesurement Canada providing Legal for Trade certifications and renewals on your commercial weighing equipement.
Our Measurement Canada recognized technicians serve Quebec and Eastern Ontario. Schedule an appointment at your location or save on service call travel fees and send us your instrument(s) for inspections at our St-Laurent, Quebec facilities. Do not hesitate to request a quote.
For more detailed information we invite you to visit the information set out by Measurement Canada on their website at http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/mc-mc.nsf/eng/home